For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Home is Where the Central Cardio-pulmonary Organ Is, and see what else has been going on.

Friday, December 11, 2009

Is Palin the new Bush?

I've noticed something interesting lately. 

While GW Bush was president, he was frequently vilified by the left.  Comparing someone to Bush was almost a standard, knee-jerk insult.  Now that Bush is no longer in office and Obama can do no wrong, there was a gap in evil right wingers to blame on things.

In the past few days, however, I've noticed that Palin's name is being flung about in the same was Bush's was.  I myself was recently "insulted" by being compared to Palin by someone who didn't appreciate my disagreeing with their ACC (anthropgenic climate change) views.  I've seen several other emails, editorials and news articles in the past few days that have similarly cast Palin as the face of Bush-like evil.

Of course, like Bush, Palin's popularity has been increasing, while Obama's has been decreasing. 

So what does that tell us?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line...